The beautiful Alps make Switzerland one of the most sought after destinations for the tourists.
We will be just taking a quick tour of some of the famous places to visit when you are in Switzerland.
- Aletsch Glacier – It is a world heritage site, and the largest glacier of the Alps. There is a wide range of rare flora and fauna which are rare. Lake Marjleen lies at the corner of the Glacier, and is ice-cold throughout the year.
- The Matterhorn – Matterhorn is the icon of Switzerland. It is one of the most difficult mountain to climb, because of the steep sides. If you are looking out for a photo of Switzerland, invariably it will feature the Matterhorn.
- Rhine Falls – The largest waterfall in Europe, it boasts of a breadth of 150 meters. The flow of water is a rapid 23 meter per second. The roaring water’s vibrations can be felt over the entire body. The mighty rock amidst the water pool is a natural miracle.
- Geneva – On the shores of Lake Geneva, it is the home to the tallest fountain and many museums and great restaurants.
- Chateau de Chillon – This eleventh century castle is located in the town of Montreux. There is a beeline of visitors around the year.
There are many other places which you can explore, when you are in Switzerland. This is the Paradise on Earth!!!!!